Thursday, March 13, 2008

Company Meatballs

I received this yummy recipe originally from my wonderful sister-in-law, Kayla! It makes a TON and has been a major hit in our home on every occasion where we have served it.

Meatballs
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tbs salt
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Sauce
4 cups ketchup
3 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp liquid smoke (optional, but delicious!)

Directions
In a large bowl, mix all of the meatball ingredients together. Divide into approximately 60 round, 1-inch diameter meatballs. Place in a single layer in one (most likely two) ungreased baking dishes.

Mix sauce ingredients together, pour evenly over meatballs. Cover with foil and bake on 350 for 45-60 minutes.

Slice meatballs, stir around in pan to get a little extra sauce, then put the sliced meatballs on soft sandwich rolls with one slice of provolone cheese. DELISH!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, I must tell you-this is the 3rd recipe of yours I have tried. The other two we loved. My son absolutely loved the Italian Chicken. But this, WOW-it was SO good. I cannot wait to make it for someone outside my home. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope to see a few more added! :-)